TM allows you to import your players from another program. The other program must be able to save your golfer's information in a standard ASCII delimited format. For example, Microsoft Excel can export data into a compatible format called CSV (comma separated values). The import utility lets you transfer in any information that TM tracks, such as: ID#, name, gender, index, handicap, address, phone, email, miscellaneous fields, etc. Each field in an ASCII delimited file is separated by a comma, tab, space, or semicolon and delimited by quotation marks (if required). Records are separated by a carriage return. ASCII delimited text files could have the following format:
"Field1","Field2","Field3","Field4","Field5",...etc... Record 1
"Field1","Field2","Field3","Field4","Field5",...etc... Record 2
"Field1","Field2","Field3","Field4","Field5",...etc... Record 3
You can import data into any roster or tournament.
Use the following steps to transfer your players:
- Load the program you are transferring information from. Save your golfers in an ASCII delimited text file. Review the documentation of the program you are using to see how to do this. (All database/spreadsheet programs can save standard ASCII delimited files).
- If importing players into a roster, click the Membership Roster tab to view your membership roster. On the Roster menu, click Import Data to Roster.
If importing players info into a tournament, click the Tournament Sheet tab to view your tournament. On the Roster menu, click Import Data to Tournament.
- If importing players into a roster, set the roster to transfer golfers to. Click the Find Tournament Roster button. Select the roster to transfer information to. Click Next.
If importing players info into a tournament, just click Next.
- Click the Find ASCII delimited file to import button. Select the file to transfer information from. A preview of the file will appear. You can further specify which row to start the import at. Click Next.
- Check the correct delimiter, comma, tab, space, or semicolon. A columnar preview will appear below. Also select the correct text qualifier. If the preview does not appear correct you may have saved your data in an ASCII delimited format that TM does not support. Click Next.
- At the top of each column is a drop box. Drop down each corresponding box and select the appropriate field to import data to. If the data in the column should not be imported select “(None)”
- Click the Finished button to start importing data.